Position: CRAEC Volunteer Coordinator
Organization Summary: Cedar Riverside Adult Education Collaborative (CRAEC) is the partnership between three agencies: Minneapolis Public Schools Adult Basic Education, Riverside Plaza Tenants’ Association (RPTA) and Brian Coyle Community Center. The program serves about 400 adult ESL students per year.
Location: 1515 SOUTH 4th St Box 2009, Minneapolis MN 55454
Closing Date: 3/29/2019
Hours: Flexible. Monday to Friday
Job Type: Part time (12 - 15 hours per week)
- Recruit volunteers to assist in classrooms, tutor citizenship candidates, provide one-on-one tutoring and assist in computer lab.
- Develop and maintain effective partner relationships with local universities, colleges and other interested community organizations and community members for the purpose of recruiting volunteers
- Provide new volunteer on-site orientation, integration into the volunteer assignment and support throughout volunteer experience
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation efforts periodically (e.g., 2-3 times per year)
- Coordinate volunteer and other requests for classroom observation and site visits
- Maintain a volunteer schedule to ensure that volunteers are placed in classes according to teacher and student needs
- Enter and maintain volunteer information in SiD database to track volunteer contact and training hours and enter non-classroom contact hours into the database
- Maintain volunteer information, complete and submit reports to partner agencies as requested
- Network and provide outreach to community whenever there are community events and meetings to recruit volunteers and promote our program
- Assist with student registration/intake during scheduled registration.
- Other duties may be assigned by program coordinator
College Degree or relevant experience required to apply. The ability to communicate effectively, written/oral and driver’s license are required.
Salary: $ 16-18 per hour
Prior work experience in Adult Services, familiarity with CASAS assessment and SiD database and/or exposure to Community-Engaged Learning of the U of M is plus.
Report to: ESL Program Coordinator
To Apply: Email your resume and a cover letter to Seyou Nurie at: firstname.lastname@example.org