Position: Program Registrar
Organization Summary: Cedar Riverside Adult Education program is the partnership between 3 agencies: Minneapolis Public Schools Adult Basic Education, Riverside Plaza Tenants’ Association (RPTA) and Brian Coyle Community Center since year 2000. The program serves about 400 adult ESL students per year.
Location: 1515 S 4th St, Minneapolis MN 55454, Box 2009 (Resource Center)
Work Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday, Tuesday & Thursday,11:00 AM to 7:00 PM Wednesday
Job Type: Part Time, 32 hours per week
- New student registration, testing (pre- and post-testing), post -test counseling and orientation. Conduct eligibility screening of potential students. Administer CASAS tests to evaluate and assign the learner.
- Post testing: Prepare material for post testing assist during post testing session. The material include class list, test books, markers/pencil, score sheets and answer keys.
- Enter data to MNABE database: Enter all data for new student, enter all assessment scores and attendance hours for special classes (citizenship, computer lab, conversation groups etc)
- Monitor CRAEC data in SiD database. These include checking accuracy of hours entered by teachers, checking validity of test scores, and maintaining the database (SiD).
- Check and follow all students in all the classes are post tested during each post test session.
- Update attendance rosters weekly.
- Record keeping: keeping student files and test booklets according to the program guidelines.
- Generate Report: weekly, monthly or quarterly reports for teachers, coordinator and/or MPS.
- Providing clients with school verification and referral letters whenever requested.
- Referring clients to other resources- job counselors, immigration services, child care info, other ESL schools, advanced English classes.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings
- Maintain professional competence through in-service activities provided by program and self-selected professional growth activities
- Assist program coordinator in achieving program goals.
- Other duties to be assigned by Program coordinator
- A college degree or relevant experience
- Experience working with Adult Services (preferably ABE services). Prior volunteer (work) experience with Education Institutions or familiarity (or certification) with CASAS (Adult assessment system) is a plus.
- Bilingual (Somali – English)
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Dependable, on time & able to follow through with commitments
- A valid Driver License
- $18 – 20 per hour
Email resume & cover letter to Program Coordinator: email@example.com
July 31st, 2019